Friday, October 7, 2011

first week


[Here are some pictures from a staff retreat. The eight of us hid away for a night in the Oxford hills. It was a great chance to get away, spend time with God and each other and be refreshed for the students coming]

It was a great first week! We had teachings on Bible study (thank you Kieran!!), community living, hearing God's voice, intercession and prayer, the Cross and salvation, and backpacker ministry. I even found that I enjoyed being in front of the class, as one of the teachers. I've discovered that when I am passionate about something, I can't help but share it with others. So, my teaching went well and was quite fun.

Our first main speaker is a prophetic and humble man from the UK, his name is Femi Oni and he will speak on Desitiny and Calling. We are so excited to have him here. A lot of prayer went into getting him here. So many of the students are looking for purpose or direction in life. Especially those about to go to University or just graduated from Uni. Femi is great at using the Bible for the foundation of God's call on our lives. He talks about the call we have to a church, to family, to people groups, etc. He is also very prophetic and will spend individual time with students, speaking and praying into their lives. Please pray that the students will find HOPE for the future, that God will impart VISION and impact their lives.

Personally, I'm doing GREAT! It's been a busy first week, so I am definietly tired. I'm spending my weekend inisde (it's rainy and stormy outside), reading books and enjoying my rest with God :) But, my overall feeling is of DELIGHT and JOY! I am really enjoying my time here. I enjoy the new challenge of leading, making decisions, teaching, discipling, answering a million questions, and praying for students. It's amazing how hungry they are for revival in their lives. I have already had a few students come up to me, asking for prayer to lay down specific sins/ situations/ hearts to Jesus. I do the best I can to listen intently, understand, seek God's wisdom, offer insight and then PRAY! Let the Holy Spirit do the work. And, it's only the first 7 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment