First of all, I am worshiping Jesus! Yeah, I know that this sounds like the text-book answer. But, it's my desire, correction, HE is my desire!! The work that I do here is nothing, if I do not spend time with and know my Jesus. I had some great time in the prayer room last night thanking God for His faithfulness, His love and His truth. I have spent the last year and a bit doing a Bible study on the character of God. I have read the Bible straight through and highlighted & reflected on who He says He is and how He pursues us. Today, I ended my study as I read through Revelation and saw again the GLORY of God!! Amen, He is the beginning and the end, the TRUTH and the LIGHT!! May I continue to see God in new ways, may He continue to show me more of His Glory and may I fall at His feet in adoration & DELIGHT!
_____________________________________________________
So, my first three weeks here have been preparation. My co-leader Gabriel and I have been setting up speakers for the school, emailing the students, answering their questions, planning the schedules, and praying for the staff & students. We had a huge answer to prayer as we finally booked our last speaker. We couldn't find anyone to fill our second week of the school (which is fast approaching) and we prayed specifically for one speaker. Our persistent prayers were answered as he was able to commit to our school. Phew, what a blessing :) It has truly been a blessed time to hear from the Lord, make some decisions, and get things ready. There are many students coming that have never traveled overseas or done missions. I enjoy answering their questions, praying for them and encouraging them in their decision to step out in FAITH.
Now it's ACT II: Staff training! We have three weeks of staff training before the students arrive. We spent our time this week sharing testimonies, visions/dreams for the future, praying for each other and discussing the upcoming school. It's been a bit of a switch for me, I don't have the freedom in my day to switch things around and make my own plans, I have a schedule now :) But it's alright, I appreciate my staff and the relationship building now. Now my days consist of running discussions on small groups, school vision, prayer, and detail stuff. And, I get to spend quality time with my staff. I'm learning and praying about how to best SERVE them. Over the next two weeks, we will be confirming outreach locations, placing students in small groups, getting rooms ready for the students and picking up our international students up from the airport.
The students arrive here soon. Please pray that they will have safe travels and they will trust in God for the details of their journey, finances and preparation.
Thank you all for your continued support. Love from springtime in NZ!!
No comments:
Post a Comment