I am busy making plans and arranging last minute details & flights for my pastoral visits. The four outreach teams have been out on assignment now for two weeks now. It's very exciting :)
I am already hearing stories of a Bible being given away, travelers being prayed for and great conversations about Jesus! Praise God, it's all for Him. Seriously, the hard work, long hours and growing pains are worth it when I hear stories of God using us to reach the nations.
This plane story is not a plain story ;)
On my travels home to Oregon, I had a cool encounter on the last flight after long 20+ hours of traveling. I was so tired and ready to be off the plane and home. I was sitting next to a sweet looking older woman. I didn't really feel like talking though, I mostly felt like sleeping. But I kept hearing God say that he wanted me to talk with this woman and encourage her. I was wallowing in selfishness. I started talking with God and told him that I really didn't want to talk with her but I also admitted that I was willing to be willing (I just wasn't there yet, know what I mean?).
I asked God to help change my attitude and He did by this lady starting a conversation with me. I was instantly drawn in to her and her life. We talked for a long while. She is a Christian and has recently returned to live in the states after living overseas most of her life. She was still adjusting to life stateside. Wow, could I relate! And she has been to NZ. In fact, she was in Christchurch the day of the earthquake and was in the square when the cathedral fell. We talked of travel, family, church, God's guidance, etc. I knew that God wanted to encourage her in the new direction she has taken, so I asked if I could pray for her. What a blessing to love and encourage this dear woman. Thank you God for how you speak to us and love your children dearly.
Holidays
I was blessed by spending Christmas and New Years with my family in Oregon. I got to meet my newest nephew for the first time. Presenting Noah James :)
![]() |
| New 3 month old nephew, Noah James |
And I have spent loads of time with my 2 year and bit nephew Cameron. I have taught him how to build forts, play hide & seek and make faces at the camera. Very important things for a kid to know. I am definitely in love with these kids :)
![]() |
| Teaching my nephew Cameron how to make faces |
Prayers
Now I am heading off in two days to start meeting up with the outreach teams. Argentina is first for two weeks, then one week in India & Thailand each and then back to New Zealand to meet up with the last team.
Please join me in praying for the next stage of the school. I ask God for wisdom in my decisions, safety in travel, divine encounters with backpackers and encouragement for the teams. I am with the teams to support and care for the staff and students. I aim to be a blessing and help keep the vision for the school. It's all about pointing people to Jesus, sharing the gospel, worshiping the living God and listening & obeying.


No comments:
Post a Comment