Well I don't know if my Spanish has improved. I can't converse with locals but I can now recognize important words/ signs and know how to get around.
I am with the Argentina team and we are in the area known as Pategonia. There are jagged mountains and lakes everywhere and it's so much different than what I thought it would be like. It's dry and arid here, lots of shrubbery and pine forests. The culture and architecture is European. The buildings remind me of pictures of Switzerland and Germany.
Now that we have moved south (we were up in the big city), there are backpackers everywhere. This is also the place that Argentina locals come to vacation. We have already made a connection with some local guys who are open to hearing about Jesus. I pray for more great connections!
We are heading south to a place called El Bolson tomorrow. It's known for being a tourist town and very hippie. It sounds like a great place to meet the 'spiritually seeking' travelers.
-Please pray for safe travels and new connections with people.
-Pray that the two Argentina men we have met will have soft hearts to receive Jesus
-Pray for students to keep growing and getting a heart for this land and ministry.
-Pray for lasting fruit and salvations!!
No comments:
Post a Comment