My friend Sun, is a rock climber. We were having a chat yesterday about living a life of faith vs worry and she had a great rock climber's analogy. So, we've all heard that verse about walking by faith and not by sight. What if you can see the next hold (in climbing)? But you're not sure if you can reach out to it or if you'll make it. As she explained, you're wasting your energy by continuing to just stay in one place. If you stay there and don't move forward, you will get tired and YOU WILL FALL. You have to keep moving on. It's scary, but you have to keep moving on in faith. And, if you do miss the hold, then you know next time how to get to it.
This idea of moving forward in the face of doubt is so real. For everyone. But is God's faithfulness real too? I reflect on this now as God's miracle came through! I accepted the leadership of the next backpackers DTS back in February. And since then I have had many details that needed to work out for the mission to actually happen. There were giant question marks in my way and doubts. But I made the decision to keep going forward. I began making decisions and choices that led me back to New Zealand, even though it didn't make sense sometimes. Now, in God's timing- not my own, he has provided a way. All the GLORY goes to Him. I pray that I will continue reaching for the next rockclimber's hold and move forward. I don't want to fall off the rock because I was afraid to move. Lame.
No comments:
Post a Comment