I'm in a transition period as I wait for my residency to be final and Catherine and I won't move to Kaikoura until early December. So I thought, what will I do with the time?? Well, a friend spoke wise words when she said that it is good to pioneer a new ministry from a place of rest instead of a place of busyness. This has proved to be so true as God is the one who fills our days with His plans.
FINANCES: We are building a ministry budget, seeking new monthly supporters & setting up a joint bank account.
VISION & CULTURE: We are praying & discussing the values we want to live out and express in the ministry.
CONNECTION: We are re-sharing testimonies and cooking, hiking & praying together. We pray that God make us a strong team.
Clean & Cook: We are living with friends in Oxford. While here, we help out around the house.
Serve & Learn: We are spending time with mentors & helping out with projects. Painting & gardening.
Bibles in Schools: I've been helping to teach the Bible once a week in local elementary schools.
Backpacker Encounter A few weeks ago I met a Slovakian girl, who is living in Oxford. We struck up a friendship. During one of our conversations, we talked about God working in our lives. I asked if I could pray for her. She agreed and my friend and I held her hands & prayed for her. Afterward she was amazed!! She said she felt 'energy' going up her hand and arm. We told her that this was the Holy Spirit. She had many questions after this and we discussed suffering in the world, God's plan & faith. She is considering everything that happened and I'm praying that she has an open heart to hear more about Jesus!
Filling the House Catherine and I have started looking for houses to rent in Kaikoura. Even though it's still a ways off, God has already been gathering things for our home. We've had a donation of blankets, linens & kitchen items. Some friends of ours are also holding items for us: a couch, dining table, BBQ, futon, bed and washing machine. We're also raising money to buy devotionals, Bibles and testimonies to give out to travelers. What a blessing to have our house being filled before we even have the house!
Have you seen our website yet? Check it out: www.ywamkaikoura.weebly.com
No comments:
Post a Comment