End of lecture phase:
The 11 week lecture portion of the DTS ended smoothly. We ended the last few weeks with teachings of 'the fear of the Lord', 'Holy Spirit' and 'Original Design & Freedom'. The original design teaching is particularly epic. The truth is that we were created to live for eternity in the Father's presence. And He created and designed us in a specific way. But because we live in broken world, people speak lies over our lives, we wallow in sin and the enemy doesn't want us to live out who God created us to be. This week's teaching focuses a lot on getting freed through Jesus of shame, lies, passivity, etc. And then, we ask God how He made us- our original design! It's a powerfully prophetic and freeing week!
Also, right before the school left for outreach, we hosted a free talent show for the local community. The sole purpose was to bless our neighbors and display how God has made us all different and beautiful. It was a great hit and we enjoyed musical acts, comedy and card tricks!
Outreach:
The teams have been on outreach now for three weeks now. They are scattered to the nations in: Thailand, New Zealand/Nepal, India and Australia/New Zealand. I've already heard great stories from the teams. The Thailand team has prayed for people and seen God heal them before their eyes. The Aussie/NZ team was picking up hitchhikers and sharing the Gospel boldly and praying for people. The India team served with love in the Mother Teresa Homes, even through sickness and lice. The NZ/Nepal team ran a vacation Bible camp for local kids that don't know Jesus while also meeting backpackers in hostels and sharing the Gospel. I am so proud of my students and staff as they first ABIDE in Jesus and His love. And then from His presence, they pour out onto the nations.
| It's summer, it's warm and time for kayaking down a local river |
What am I doing?
Through prayer, God was asking me to stay in New Zealand for the summer. The past two years I've traveled around the various countries visiting the different teams and checking in with staff and supporting the teams. But this year, I felt to stay in NZ and only visit the two teams that are here in New Zealand. I am still caring for my staff and teams, but from a distance as I pray, communicate and Skype with the teams. I just visited one of the teams up in Kaikoura for a week and it was wonderful. I'm enjoying this season of rest and reflection. I went camping for a few days with some other staff. I'm going for lots of bike rides and walks and spending time in our prayer room. It is restful and peaceful. As an introvert that lives in a full-on community, I'm loving it :)
| Spring poppies |
In a few weeks, I will fly to Auckland to visit the other New Zealand team for a week. I'm excited to journey with them for a bit and serve alongside them and bless them. There is still more news and stories to share, but this is long enough for now :) Bless you all in the New Year, happy 2014!
thanks for the update! i'm always blessed to see how you wait on the Lord, listen for His voice, and then follow through. I'm so glad you've had this summer in NZ. What a gift of a restful season in the midst of the DTS season. Love you, dear friend!
ReplyDelete