Friday, August 17, 2012
small but mighty
My journey back to New Zealand included a 10 hour layover in Brisbane, Australia. Here's a picture of the city from a place called Kangaroo Point. I have a friend in Brisbane (Jane) and she was gracious enough to pick me up at the airport at 7am and take me all around Brisbane for the day. What an adventure while jet-lagged! I continued onward to Christchurch, New Zealand and finally crawled into bed after the long travel.
I'm now jumping into the plans for the next Backpacker DTS which starts on September 30th. I have a few weeks before the staff start arriving. My heart during this time is to go to PRAYER FIRST. I trust that the Father will help me make wise decisions and work out the details. The most important thing now is to start in prayer and submission to the Father. Please join me in praying!
One of the other schools was praying for the Backpacker DTS and had some words/ encouragements to pass along. There was one word from God that really struck out to me. Since the school size is still quite small, I found this to be encouraging.
*Matt 10:5-42. Jesus sends out the 12. School has freely received and so will freely give. School of ambassadors. Carry a serious presence with them. Small but mighty. Sometimes you need a smaller number to do a specific job that bigger groups couldn't do*
Here is how you can join me in prayer:
1) God would continue to call the staff & students from around the world to this Backpackers DTS.
2) That I would walk in humility, intimacy with Jesus and wisdom
3) That the staff team would become a family. I value openness and trust over efficiency first. The Lord can use and work with humble loving people. May our staff be open and loving to each other.
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.
Much love, Nicki
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment